Development and Evaluation of Processes and Equipment
PV-TEC features industrially relevant production technology needed for advanced solar cell processing of silicon wafers of standard and specific sizes (on request) including:
- wet-chemical etching, cleaning and conditioning (texturing, single side etching, industrial cleaning sequences, tunnel oxide formation), inline and batch systems on industrial scale but also smaller wet benches
- thermal diffusion, oxidation and annealing: POCI3 and BBr3 tube furnace diffusion, dry and wet thermal oxidation and annealing (crystallization, pre-gettering, post-implantation)
- LPCVD (low pressure chemical vapor deposition) tube furnace
- printing technology: screen, stencil, inkjet and rotational (flexographic, rotary screen) printing as well as single- and multi-nozzle dispensing; application/evaluation of metal, polymer, dielectric, dopant, semiconductor, isolator and etchant pastes; high precision automated and semi-automated printing and dispensing tools and platforms
- dry conditioning and etching: plasma and atmospheric processing and tools
- PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition): sputtering of dielectric and transparent conductive oxide layers, inline sputtering and evaporation of metal layers and metal stacks both for front and rear contacts of solar cells
- sinter and curing technology: inline furnaces for contact sintering and curing (temperature range up to 900°C); photonic sintering; thermal annealing processes
- PECVD (Plasma Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition): coating with various AR (anti-reflection) and passivation layers in automated and direct and remote plasma systems
- laser processing: ablation (local contact opening LCO), doping (selective emitter formation), alloying (laser fired contacts LFC, foil metallization) laser-assisted transfer of metals and dopants, annealing and regeneration; various high quality automated and manual laser workstations, optical bench for laser testing
In all areas of technology, we offer computer-aided modeling for fast and efficient development and optimization of process and equipment components.
We develop and offer technology to process a wide range of advanced cell structures and structural elements based on single and multi-dimensional finite element simulation and analytic calculation tools.
1. PV-TEC front end: wet-chemical bench for cleaning
2. PV-TEC back end: inline fast-firing furnace.